Harry Trinidad (DJ Harry T)
1. What inspired me to become a Salsa DJ is the joy of seeing people enjoying themselves and dancing to my
music selection. I like many DJ’s but the one DJ that inspired me most because of his awesome music selection
and taste is David Sala.
2. Why did you pick your DJ name? Is there a special meaning behind it?
I chose Harry T. because friends and family started calling me by that name and it stuck. I’m still looking for
something more exciting, LOL.
3. At what point did you realize you had enough music to pursue DJing seriously?
I would have to say about 10 years ago I realized that I had enough of a collection to start putting myself out there.
4. Name three of your favorite bands/artists of all time?
Ruben Blades, Bobby Valentin, and Willie Rosario.
5. What qualities must a song possess in order to make it to your playlist?
Being a dancer myself, I play for the dancer. For a song to make my playlist for a gig, it must be between 85-
95bpm (mid-tempo), the swing or the meat of the song has to start within the first 90 seconds and it must be
classic Salsa Dura or new Salsa with the Salsa dura flavor. It also should not surpass 7 minutes in length so that I
don’t exhaust the dancers.
In Radio, I tend to stick with the same formula but since it’s a whole broad spectrum of an audience. I can play
songs with much longer introductions, live music with higher BPMs and longer songs in general.
6. What other types of music do you like aside from this genre?
I have a broad range of music tastes such as Classic Rock, Old school R&B and Dance music, House music and
Freestyle. My favorite outside of Salsa has to be Disco.
7. Who are some of your favorite salsa DJs past or present?
There are so many, but just to name a few that I know when I walk into one of their events I’m going to want to start
dancing immediately are: DJ David Sala, DJ Andy, DJ Jose, DJ Cisco, DJ Carlos Santiago, DJ Hilton, DJ J. Antonio
Cruz (Mr. Ataca), DJ Woody.
8. Every DJ has a bucket list of goals as a DJ – What is one of your “DJ bucket list” dreams or goals?
One of my dreams is to be an integral part of spreading Salsa music to the level it was in the 70’s. Another goal
would be to have a sold out Salsa in the Catskills weekend and bring bands such as Bobby Valentin, Willie
Rosario, El Gran Combo, etc.
9. If someone were to talk about you as a DJ, what would they say?
They would probably say that I have a great selection of danceable music and I cater to the dancer.
10. What does being a Salsa Warrior mean for you?
It’s a great honor to be asked to be a part of the Salsa Warriors team. It’s awesome to be a part of a team that
has a similar goal of spreading our music to the masses and making it what it once was. I am very passionate
about this project and I know that with this collaboration we will achieve it.
Additional comments you’d like to share with your listeners:
Although I specialize in Salsa music, I have just about every genre of music and can DJ at most types of parties. I
can be contracted to do Salsa Parties, Mixed private parties, corporate parties, weddings, etc. I work mostly in the
NY Metropolitan area.
Radio Show Title
Salsa Pa'l Bailador
Live Day and Time
Tues/Thurs 12pm ET
Weds 9pm ET
|Listen To US Worldwide On